Verto is proud to partner with 60+ colleges and universities — enabling participants to see the world and gain meaningful life experience before seamlessly transferring their college credits from our Academic Provider, the University of New Haven.
Our partner schools understand the transformative impact of a Verto experience on student development and college readiness. So much so, that a selection of colleges offer Verto participants the opportunity to use the grades from their semesters as criteria for admission!
There are Two Ways to be Admitted to Partner
Schools With Verto
- Classic Admission: Gain admission to partner schools based on your high school transcripts and Verto application. Typically students complete this process before leaving for their experience abroad with Verto. You can learn more about this process on our general Partner School Admissions page.
- Direct Transfer: Gain admission to partner schools based on the grades earned from our Academic Provider during your time with Verto, along with your high school transcripts and Verto application. While admission will depend on the partner college’s availability and is ultimately up to their discretion, this route tends to give Verto participants who meet the college’s academic criteria (listed below) a higher chance of admission and a fast-tracked application.
Whether you’re confident in your high school grades and ready to move forward with college applications today, or want to have more time to demonstrate your potential before you make a decision, Verto has a path for you.
How to Gain College Admission through Verto’s Direct Transfer Pathway
By successfully completing a semester (or two) with Verto and meeting the requirements of specific partner schools, you’ll be able to utilize your semester grades as the foundation of your application and improve your chances for admission.
This program is available ONLY to first time college applicants. Acceptance to a Direct Transfer partner also depends on the capacity an institution has at any given time. Disclaimer: All Verto partners have ultimate discretion in all admissions decisions.
The requirements for review of your Direct Transfer application, determined by each school, include:
- Meeting a minimum cumulative GPA on your transcript.
- Earning a minimum number of credits.
- Program/major availability
- Maintaining good standing while on your semester with Verto , which includes personal, behavioral, and academic integrity.
- Note: If a student has a disciplinary record, the Verto partner will review their application holistically.