Your Student’s Path
If there’s a student in your life considering starting college abroad, welcome!
This is your student’s chance to earn transferable college credits while gaining critical life skills and defining who they are in the world.
We realize this is an exciting decision for your family, and we’re here to help.
In partnership with the University of New Haven, Verto has provided a transformative start to college for over 1,500 students across 5 international locations. With diverse courses and program offerings, we have an option that will bring your student’s academic and personal goals to life.
Here’s How It Works:
Start College Abroad
with 1 or 2 semesters in Argentina, Czech Republic, England, Italy, or Spain.
Earn 12-17 Credits
per semester with inspiring courses delivered by our Academic Provider, the University of New Haven.
A Path To Admission At
Participants can apply to Verto partner colleges (for free!) with the support of our team.
A selection of partners even offer guaranteed admission to eligible students!
Academic & Life Experience
THAT SETS YOUR
Studying abroad can open up new doors for your student in their life and future careers
of students who study abroad find employment within 12 months of graduation (compared to 49% for those who don’t study abroad!)
higher starting salaries for students who studied abroad
of employers value study abroad and believe it benefits careers
My favorite thing about Verto is the staff. They’ve been so supportive throughout the whole process, and the community they’ve created is so welcoming and warm. I’ll never forget the incredible friends I made throughout this journey, or the amazing staff and the beautiful city that we lived in. Prague will always be special to me. I can’t wait to come back in the future and look back at all the memories I’ve made while studying here.
Toby, Verto Prague
Watch Your Student
UNLOCK THEIR POTENTIAL
We believe that students shouldn’t have to face their first year of college alone.
That’s why all Verto abroad experiences are designed to help your student thrive academically,
socially, and emotionally with a caring community by their side.
Academic Excellence & College Admission
Verto sets students on a path towards college graduation and career success with:
- Inspiring coursework earning 12-17 credits per semester
- Individualized academic advising and small class sizes to help students thrive
- A focus on experiential learning: Imagine your student learning about International Relations from leaders of the Czech government, or studying DNA by extracting it from strawberries in our bio lab in Florence!
- A path to admission at 50+ partner colleges where they can complete their degree
Community Support & Fostering Self-Authorship
Your student will grow academically and personally with the support of:
- A Personal Care Team who provide mentorship to build strong study habits, gain skills for independent living, and plan for the future
- Student Life Programming designed to help students engage meaningfully with peers of diverse backgrounds and immerse in the local culture
- The Verto Discovery Experience where students find a sense of belonging and learn what they’re capable of alongside a compassionate and vulnerable community
Health & Safety as the Priority
Verto has robust systems in place to help safeguard participants. This includes:
- Student Support through program safety orientation sessions, wellness workshops, and regular staff check-ins
- Risk Management via comprehensive travel medical insurance, extensive vetting of host cities and host families, and mandatory reporting of student independent travel
- Emergency Response Systems including access to a 24/7 on-site emergency phone, AXA/Travel Assist Emergency Service, and updates about current events within the host city/country
How We Foster Success
Students chart their path towards self-authorship through Verto Discovery, our framework for community at Verto. Your student will develop new skills to navigate challenges, understand more about who they are, and build deeper community and global connections.
What Is A Verto Care Team?
The Care Team is an integral part of Verto’s unique approach to the study abroad experience. Each Verto participant is paired with an Academic Success Coordinator (ASC) and Student Life Coordinator (SLC) who act as pillars of support to provide mentorship and ensure your student has access to the resources they need to succeed.
While abroad, your student will have multiple one-on-one meetings to discuss goals and create actionable plans to achieve them. Additionally, your student’s ASC will work with them to create their best-fit post-Verto plan, including the college application and transfer process.
First and foremost Bryanna has made an amazing group of friends that she will have for the rest of her life. Being able to experience and live amongst other cultures, she is now able to appreciate other view points, social issues, and her own cultural diversity and background. She has gained valuable real life lessons on living independently as an adult and the freedoms and challenges it presents.
My daughter matured more in one semester than I expected her to in years of college! She is now a global citizen with awareness, sensitivity, and education to the larger issues facing our world. She is forever changed, on a soul level, by this incredible and wholly unique experience. Now she’s signed up for her 4th Verto semester! I am beyond grateful for the gift of Verto. If the Gods had invented the ideal experience for both kids and parents for a start to college, this would be it!
I feel like it has been the best thing for Hannah! She has grown in so many ways, and seen so many different places. Her first semester taught her about the kind of person she wants to be. She also didn’t know that she had such an interest in art history until her art history class in Florence, Italy. She was amazed and continues to be interested in art history.