Associate Director for College & University Relations
Associate Director for College & University Relations
Verto is on a mission to provide the best possible start to college. We start by making travel and experiential education a core part of every student’s Freshman year. Our students begin college overseas in one of 5 Verto locations, before seamlessly transferring to one of over 70 partner universities in the United States. While completing 1 or 2 semesters with Verto, students become more mature, empathetic global citizens who have a greater sense of purpose and direction for their lives.
At Verto, we’re creating a different model. We’re driving the costs down and acceptance rates up. We connect students to the world and give them a chance to discover who they are before making them choose a major. We’re out to build a transformational company that makes higher education more accessible and impactful. We are backed by First Round Capital and other top VCs.
At Verto Education we value voices of all backgrounds and experiences. We know that creating a diverse environment takes dedication and intentional hiring practices. We are cognizant of the gap between our current state and our commitments. In order to bridge that gap, we have to humbly evaluate where we are today.
The Associate Director for College & University Relations is responsible for ensuring assigned partners are engaged, satisfied, successful, and eager to expand the partnership. This role will actively develop personalized plans that meet the individual needs and enrollment goals of the college and university partners while supporting the growth and mission of Verto Education. The position will meet and communicate regularly with partners to support the success and growth of the relationship, proactively resolve any concerns, and ensure the entire organization is supporting activities that maximize the mutual benefit of the partnership.
- Own the core relationship and ultimate success of college and university partners by cultivating meaningful, trusting relationships with assigned segments
- Successfully encourage the partners to engage in various enrollment initiatives (e.g., direct from university enrollment, co-led events, and Verto participant transfer logistics)
- Total and deep knowledge of each partner program, and painstaking implementation of these programs to drive success
- Managing the success of the various initiatives, including managing partner expectations, seamless execution of logistics, advocating for the partners with internal stakeholders, including college counseling and admissions teams.
- Independently and continuously recommend and identify ways of improving partner satisfaction within the assigned segment.
- Understand partner needs and develop plans to address them with a focus on providing value to each partner institution based on their unique needs.
- Work closely with Marketing, Enrollment, and Digital Product teams to ensure there is a personalized plan in place for each assigned partner that maximizes their exposure while helping deliver on Verto’s goal and mission. Ensure the plan is successfully implemented.
- Constantly educate, communicate, and inform partner colleges about Verto’s outcomes, new services, partner college programs, and other initiatives that ensure each partner is gaining a ROI as a member of the partner college consortium.
- Proactively attend to partner college concerns and resolve issues promptly; improve Verto’s processes where applicable.
- Other Duties, as assigned.
- Ability to travel at various times during the year to visit partner campuses and engage in person.
- Staff will conduct an “Annual Strategic Planning Session” at each of the Verto partner schools in their portfolio mostly concentrated in the summer and fall. This could result in 2-3 partner visits per week requiring overnight stays during the Annual Planning season.
- Staff may be asked to participate in 1-2 international trips annually to visit program locations, and for company training.
Admissions, Applications and Technical Knowledge
- Gather, document, and share best practices on how partners can better leverage the partnership to increase their student enrollment through understanding the admissions and enrollment process within higher education
- Encouraging adoption of the defined best practices for each assigned partner.
- Consult with partners on their workflows to help them embed their student application processes to Verto’s process.
- Identify, diagnose, and help partners resolve student application issues in a timely manner.
Partner Success, Health and Retention
- Consistent soft-sell approach to partner success rooted in driving enrollment and matriculation
- Answer partner questions regarding Verto, the admissions process and our students as needed
- Ensure successful onboarding for all new assigned partners
- Articulate the health status of partners at any given moment, and proactively anticipate partner disengagement to executive leaders
- Collaborate across Verto to ensure that partner needs are met in an efficient and timely manner
- Understand trends with your segment via data reporting and dashboards and taking appropriate actions to keep partner scores healthy
- Provide effective on-going project management and training to partners
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strategic Thinker: You can plot the chess moves a year ahead of time and develop a credible plan to deliver amazing value to our students.
- Influential communicator: You are a thoughtful communicator who can sell ideas, gather resources, and rally stakeholders.
- Strong Executor: You value getting things done and hitting deadlines. You have a track record of delivering under pressure.
- Humble Collaborator: You bring kindness and empathy to your working relationships and put the team’s success before your own.
- Mission-Driven: You deeply believe that education has the power to transform lives and you want to give more young people a chance to thrive.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work remote, this is a remote position.
- Must be based in the US, and work on a time zone 1 hour +/- those in the continental US. (Example: GMT -8 through GMT -3)
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time (work travel expenses covered by Verto)
- Bachelor’s degree, masters degree preferred, with 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in customer relationship, account management or customer success related roles
- A strong preference for experience in higher education enrollment and admissions, EdTech, and/or technology startups.
- Outstanding customer success skills, grounded in a problem solving attitude.
- Ability to foster positive and long-term relationships with customers, partners and collaborators.
- Experience collaborating closely with a diverse team of professionals with different strengths and communication styles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to provide verbal and written information, with clear instructions as to the processes.
- Persuasive and goal-oriented, possessing an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a proven track record of achieving goals.
- Project Management experience
- Strong computer skills, including Google suite and Microsoft suites, to include Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- 100% remote first organization
- Base Compensation
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Full medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Fully funded Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parental & Maternity Leave
- Stock Equity for every employee
- 401K Program with Financial coaching sessions with a certified financial planner
- Pay Range for this role is $75,000-$90,000 Annually (depending on experience)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Verto Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.