Senior Admissions Counselor
SENIOR ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
Verto is on a mission to provide the best possible start to college. We start by making travel and experiential education an affordable and accessible pathway to a 4-year college degree. Our participants begin college abroad in one of our Verto locations, before transferring to one of 70+ partner universities. While completing one or more experiences with Verto, participants become more mature, empathetic global citizens who have a greater sense of purpose and direction for their lives.
At Verto, we founded a new model. In partnership with our non-profit arm, The Verto Fund, we’re driving costs down and providing generous discounts, grants, and scholarships, especially to participants of low-income backgrounds. We’re creating a space for participants to thrive in the most diverse coming-of-age semester abroad out there while permitting a chance for discovery into who they are before deciding on a college major. We’re out to build a transformational company that makes higher education more equitable, accessible, and impactful. We are backed by First Round Capital and other top VCs.
At Verto Education we value voices of all backgrounds and experiences. We know that creating a diverse environment takes dedication and intentional hiring practices. We are cognizant of the gap between our current state and our commitments. In order to bridge that gap, we have to humbly evaluate where we are today.
The Enrollment department is committed to supporting future and current organizational objectives through the design, implementation, and execution of strategic, innovative, data-driven, and research-based practices in support of Verto's mission. The Enrollment department serves as champions across the organization to ensure each and every practice creates a significant impact on achieving organizational goals aligned with the Mission and Vision of Verto Education.
The Sr. Admissions Counselor serves in an advisory role responsible for helping enroll participants in Verto’s transformative semesters abroad before matriculating at one of our partner colleges. The Sr. Admissions Counselor must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with parents and participants, generating interest, qualifying prospective participants, and finalizing enrollment. The Sr. Admissions Counselor works closely with Verto’s Student Onboarding, Academic Success and Advising, and Student Accounts teams. We encourage applications from candidates who are passionate about enhancing the landscape of higher education and who enjoy working collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who can operate at start-up speed and is not afraid to work hard, and with enthusiasm. This role requires an ability to create and maintain efficient, scalable systems and processes and experience with mentoring and supervising staff.
- Call up to 75 families per day (all active applicants, no cold calling) and speak for 4 hours per day
- Maintain a database of qualified participants and their parents
- Educate participants and parents about Verto’s educational offerings, benefits, and process with partner colleges
- Evaluate and consult with each family regarding their needs and goals, and offer solutions and support
- Finalize enrollment and achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Ability to work remote, this is a remote position.
- Able to travel at least 1-2 weeks per year
- Must be based in the US, and work on a time zone 1 hour +/- those in the continental US. (Example: GMT -8 through GMT -3)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2 years of sales experience or study abroad experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential participants and their families
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Persuasive and goal-oriented, possessing a positive outlook and friendly demeanor
- Strong computer skills, including Google Workspace and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred
- Ability and tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching the next potential client. Must keep in mind that every conversation is potentially a participant’s first experience with Verto, and their first time hearing that their education can serve them better
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strategic Thinker: You can plot the chess moves a year ahead of time and develop a credible plan to deliver amazing value to our participants.
- Influential communicator: You are a thoughtful communicator who can sell ideas, gather resources, and rally stakeholders.
- Strong Executor: You value getting things done and hitting deadlines. You have a track record of delivering under pressure.
- Humble Collaborator: You bring kindness and empathy to your working relationships and put the team’s success before your own.
- Mission-Driven: You deeply believe that education has the power to transform lives and you want to give more young people a chance to thrive.
However, even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Compensation & Benefits
The below are or full time HQ Employees (benefits for international staff benefits vary by location and meet or exceed local standards
- 100% remote first organization
- Base Compensation
- Vacation and sick time
- Full medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Fully funded Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parental & Maternity Leave
- Stock Equity for every employee
- 401K Program with Financial coaching sessions with a certified financial planner
Equal Opportunity Employer
Verto Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.