Butler University Students are
About Butler University
Located in Indianapolis, Indiana, Butler University is a nationally recognized university with six academic colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts and Sciences, and Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
We’re known for providing small classes, opportunities to engage directly with faculty, and real-world experience through internships, co-ops, research with faculty mentors, performances, and community engagement offerings. These opportunities give our students the knowledge and skills they need to excel after college—both in the workforce and in life. Butler students have had significant success after graduation, as demonstrated by the University’s 98 percent placement rate within six months of graduation.
In 2020, Butler was ranked as the top regional university in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report, the most innovative among Midwest Regional Universities, and received national rankings for first-year experience (No. 13), study abroad opportunities (No. 19), co-ops and internships (No. 21), and service-learning (No. 23).
Diversity at Butler University
- 17% Students of color and international students
Top Majors at Butler University
Want Guaranteed Acceptance to Butler University?
Your admission to Butler University is guaranteed when you complete a Verto semester and meet the following requirements.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on your Verto transcript.
- Completion of 1 Verto semester.
- Grades of C or better in all Verto courses.
- Maintained good standing while on your Verto Education semester, which includes personal, behavioral, and academic integrity.
- *College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and Jordan College of Arts NOT included.
Programs & Organizations
- In More Than 60 Countries