Connect to the World
During your semester abroad in Czech Republic you will discover a city that is preserved in a medieval setting, full of history, architecture, and art to discover. Imagine walking to class along cobblestone streets that look like they are out of a fairy tale!
Enjoy an authentic Czech lifestyle, plus the inspiring courses, one-on-one support, and cultural immersion opportunities of a Verto Education.
Student Residence or Student Apartments
before scholarships & financial aid
Late August – Mid-December, fall 2022
Start College With Community
Live with other Verto students and befriend the many local and international students during your semester abroad in Czech Republic. Our experienced staff is on-site to support you and guide you towards a transformative semester.
Take Verto Courses
The museums, sites, and neighborhoods of Prague become your classroom as you dive into Verto’s experiential learning courses.
Explore Czech Republic
Your Student Life Coordinator will set you up with everything you need to confidently explore the city. You can also opt-in to exciting cultural activities and excursions with your Verto cohort—like a day trip to Karlštejn Castle and Koneprusy Caves, a boat ride on the Vltava River, or watching history come to life at fascinating museums!
Sharpen Your Mind
During your semester abroad in Czech Republic with Verto you’ll enjoy small class sizes, energetic and caring professors, and hands-on learning.
Going to class will actually become the highlight of your day.
Earn College Credit
Earn college credit through a selection of fascinating courses.
Course List coming in December 2021. In the meantime, check out the other Verto semesters for a glimpse into the types of courses offered.
Students walk away from their Prague semester with much more than incredible memories and transferable credits; through Verto’s one-on-one counseling and mentorship, you’ll build the confidence, self-awareness and clarity to thrive in college and in life.
Set Yourself Up For Success
Work with your personal Academic Success Coordinator and College Counselor to develop your game plan for an impactful college career. You’ll get a head start on how to manage your time, study effectively, and adapt to life on campus.
Find Your Purpose
Get clarity on your future goals as you contemplate what you’ve been learning and the type of impact you want to make on the world. Your Student Life Coordinator will help you reflect on your experiences through group activities and one-on-one check-ins.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Travel is a vital part of every student’s education, and Verto is committed to increasing equity, access, inclusion, and diversity in study abroad and higher education—regardless of your financial background.
About half of Verto students receive scholarships, financial aid, or both. Depending on your Expected Family Contribution (determined by the FAFSA), Verto can reduce your semester abroad in Czech Republic tuition by up to 67% through Verto’s Opportunity Grant. You can also apply federal aid, external grants, and scholarships to further reduce your semester cost.
Details About Verto Prague Semester
Students will live in a student residence or shared apartment for their semester.
In their accommodations, students will live in double or triple occupancy bedrooms with other Verto students. The student residence is approximately 15-20 minutes walking distance to the study center.
- Single beds in double room (which may include bunk beds)
- 1 wardrobe per student
- Linen pack provided
- Fully furnished bedrooms
- Shared bathrooms
- Wireless internet access throughout residence
- Shared kitchen or kitchenette and common space
Meals are not included. Equipped shared kitchen facilities will be provided.
Students are responsible for airfare to/from Prague. Verto staff will meet students at the Prague airport on the designated arrival date, and provide transfer to housing within the specified arrival times.
Students have the option for independent travel within the country pending permission from the Verto team.***
Sample program activities may include:
- Walking tours through Old Town Square and the Jewish Quarter
- Prague Castle + St. Vitus Cathedral, and Petrin Hill Funicular.
- Possible trips may include:
- hiking in Cesky Raj
- weekend trips to Vienna, Austria or Auschwitz, Poland.
As students will be living in the heart of the city, getting around by foot will become a part of their everyday experience. The City Center of Prague is quite walkable, exploring this fascinating city by foot is a treat for the eyes while many of the notable attractions and neighborhoods are within walking distance of one another. Prague also has an extensive and very functional public transportation system that includes bus, tram, and subway lines.
Verto Education offers college semesters, where students can expect academically rigorous coursework, small class sizes, and world-class faculty.
Students who enroll with Verto should be aware that their workload and expectations for college readiness will be on par with those of a traditional college– but with the added support of a team of Academic Success Coaches and dedicated faculty who will help them develop strong study habits, time management skills, and more.
What is unique about Verto academics?
- Verto courses are highly engaging and put students first. Curriculum is built off the Verto Method which prioritizes hands-on and holistic learning.
- Verto courses will incorporate real-world experiential learning opportunities, both in and out of the classroom. Students will explore their host country and community as part of their curriculum but should also be prepared for times where class looks a bit more typical– with lectures, tests, and homework.
How do academics work on Verto semesters?
- Students on Verto semesters take Verto courses, with only fellow Verto students and Verto faculty
- Verto students may earn a semester’s worth of college credits (12-16 official college credits)
- Students choose from a list of courses that vary by semester and location. Each student’s unique course selection may be limited based on their partner college requirements and other factors.
- Verto courses are intentionally designed to fulfill colleges’ General Education requirements
- Credits from Verto courses will transfer automatically to our partner colleges, so long as students earn passing grades. Students who wish to attend a non-partner college should work with their prospective college or university to learn about their credit transfer process.
- The official transcript from a Verto semester is granted by one of our Schools of Record (accredited colleges who partner with Verto to grant official college credit).
Who are the faculty that teach Verto classes?
- Verto faculty may be locals to the host country and community or U.S. natives who are enthusiastic about the Verto Method, and eager to teach, support, and engage with first-year college students.
- Verto hires these faculty to teach Verto courses.