Illinois Tech Students are
About Illinois Tech
Based in the global metropolis of Chicago, Illinois Tech is the only technology-focused university in the city. It offers degrees in engineering, science, architecture, business, design, human sciences, applied technology, and law. Its mission is to provide a distinctive and relevant education in an environment of scientific, technological, and professional knowledge creation and innovation. Our students are motivated to dream big, explore, challenge, and solve at Illinois Tech every day. If you’re fascinated by technology and driven to pursue the unknown, then Illinois Tech is the university for you.
Diversity at Illinois Tech
- 17% Students of color
- 17% International students at undergraduate level
Top Majors at Illinois Tech
- Material Science
- 1st in the Midwest to Offer AI at Bachelor's level
Want guaranteed acceptance to Illinois Tech?
Your admission to Illinois Tech is guaranteed when you complete a Verto semester and meet the following requirements.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on your Verto transcript.
- Completion of 1 Verto semester, with a minimum of 15 credits.
- Grades of C or better in all Verto courses and No F’s.
- Maintained good standing while on your Verto Education semester, which includes personal, behavioral, and academic integrity.
- *Nursing and Music majors not included.
Illinois Tech students are intellectually curious innovators who value using research to make an impact on the world around them. Verto gives them the opportunity to better understand this world, and we're excited about the valuable experience this partnership will bring to our students.