Cornell College Students are
About Cornell College
Cornell College in Mount Vernon, Iowa, is characterized by the immersion of its One Course At A Time calendar and Ingenuity curriculum, which allows students to focus on a single class for an 18-day block. Since professors only teach one block at a time, students have more access to professors, and professors can teach students off-campus whenever it makes sense. There are no slow intros, far-off exams or papers, or gaps between class sessions, mirroring the pace of working environments where employees are expected to handle tight deadlines and high expectations. With a student body from 47 states and 19 foreign countries, and renowned visiting speakers, faculty, and entertainers, Cornell offers the world from its hilltop campus.
Diversity at Cornell College
- 25% Students of color
- 5% International students at undergraduate level
Top Majors at Cornell College
Want Guaranteed Acceptance to Cornell College?
Your admission to Cornell College is guaranteed when you complete a Verto semester and meet the following requirements.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on your Verto transcript.
- Completion of 1 Verto semester.
- Grades of C or better in all Verto courses.
- Maintained good standing while on your Verto Education semester, which includes personal, behavioral, and academic integrity.
Verto's unique program of having students expand their world view by taking a gap year is exactly the type of program that matches with Cornell's unique way of looking at teaching with the One Course at a Time block plan.
Programs & Organizations
- 19 Men and Women’s Teams
- Cornell’s most awarded organization