Verto Education Payment and Cancellation Policy
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2021
The applicant or participant (the “Participant”) in a Verto Education, Inc. (“Verto Education”) program (the “Program”), and in the event Participant is under the age of 18, Participant’s parents and/or legal guardian(s) agree to Verto Education’s Payment and Cancellation Policy.
Payment of Deposit.
Participant understands that a five hundred dollar ($500) deposit (the “Deposit”) will be required to reserve Participant’s spot in the Program, however submission of the Deposit does not guarantee acceptance into the Program. If the Participant is accepted into the Program, the Deposit will be credited towards Participant’s tuition balance. Participant understands and agrees that the Deposit is not refundable under any circumstances.
Payment of Tuition.
Program tuition balances are due on or before the assigned due date. If the tuition is not paid in full by the due date, the Participant’s enrollment may be terminated. Tuition due dates are as follows:
- For all Participants, the balance is due 60 days prior to the Program start date.
- For Participants enrolling more than 60 days prior to the Program start date, two invoices will be sent and participants have the option of paying in two installments or lump sum, with tuition due 60 days prior to Program start date.
- For Participants enrolling within 60 days prior to Program start date, full tuition balance will be due upon enrollment.
Cancellation by Verto Education.
- Verto Education reserves the right to cancel, alter, reschedule, or amend any or all programs offered at any time.
- Cancellations or Delays Due to Factors Beyond Verto Education’s Control. Verto Education may cancel, postpone, or otherwise revise a Program due to factors beyond Verto Education’s control, including but not limited to political unrest, natural disasters, disease, pandemic, or other safety concerns that Verto Education, in its sole discretion, determines to be harmful to Participant or Verto Education’s employees or agents. In such circumstances, Verto Education will make reasonable efforts to continue the Program through alternative means, including placing all impacted Participants in another ongoing Program, or otherwise cancelling, postponing, or revising the Program, and (for in-person activities) support Participant’s travel home. Participant understands and agrees that all fees paid by Participant for early return home from any in-person activities are non-refundable. For in-person activities, if Verto Education cancels a Program after the Program start date and decides to return Participants home, Verto Education reserves the right to remove its staff from the Program location to ensure their safety. If Participant decides to remain in the Program location after the Program has been cancelled, Participant does so at his or her own risk.
- If Participant is removed from the Program by Verto Education for any reason specified in any Verto Education agreement or policy, Verto Education will not provide any refunds whatsoever to Participant.
Cancellation by Participant.
- For Participants cancelling more than 60 days before the Program start date, Verto Education shall provide such Participants with a full refund of the tuition paid, not including the Deposit. The Deposit is non-refundable. Verto Education will also provide a full refund of all Program-related expenses, including, without limitation, Program Travel, to the extent that Verto Education can recover such funds already expended on Program-related expenses. Verto Education will not retain any amounts paid by Participants beyond amounts due to third parties for Program-related expenses that cannot be refunded to Verto Education (for example, amounts due to airlines for Program Travel already booked).
- For Participants cancelling between 60 and 30 days before the Program start date, Verto Education shall provide such Participants with a refund totaling fifty percent (50%) of the tuition paid. Verto Education will also provide a full refund of all Program-related expenses, including, without limitation, Program Travel, to the extent that Verto Education can recover such funds already expended on Program-related expenses.
- Verto Education will not provide any refunds whatsoever to Participants who cancel less than 30 days before the Program start date.
- Learn more about Verto’s Withdrawal & Financial Appeal Policies and Processes by visiting: https://vertoeducation.org/withdrawal-financial-appeal-policies/.
- All requests for refunds must be made in writing to [email protected] by the aforementioned due dates.
Insurance companies offer reasonably priced travel insurance packages that can include medical, emergency evacuation, trip cancellation, and lost luggage insurance. Except to the limited extent specified in the Participation Enrollment Agreement for the Program, Participants are responsible for the cost of the required travel insurance for their destination. Verto recommends students reference Verto’s Guide to Travel Insurance by visiting: https://vertoeducation.org/travel-insurance/.