Sr. Analytics Manager
Sr. Analytics Manager
Verto is on a mission to provide the best possible start to college. We start by making travel and experiential education an affordable and accessible pathway to a 4-year college degree. Our participants begin college abroad in one of seven Verto locations, before seamlessly transferring to one of over 70 partner universities in the United States. While completing one or more experiences with Verto, participants become more mature, empathetic global citizens who have a greater sense of purpose and direction for their lives.
At Verto, we founded a new model. In partnership with our non-profit arm, The Verto Fund, we’re driving costs down and providing generous discounts, grants, and scholarships, especially to participants of low-income backgrounds. We’re creating a space for participants to thrive in the most diverse coming-of-age semester abroad out there while permitting a chance for discovery into who they are before deciding on a college major. We’re out to build a transformational company that makes higher education more equitable, accessible, and impactful. We are backed by First Round Capital and other top VCs.
At Verto Education we value voices of all backgrounds and experiences. We know that creating a diverse environment takes dedication and intentional hiring practices. We are cognizant of the gap between our current state and our commitments. In order to bridge that gap, we have to humbly evaluate where we are today.
The marketing, partnerships and enrollment teams advance the Verto’s mission by making travel and experiential education a more commonly considered option for students, families, and educators. Our scope of work spans, whether directly or indirectly, every channel and platform that a student, family member or educator might see. We work intimately with all internal departments to support business needs and steward the brand and the student experience.
We are looking for a dynamic analytics expert that will help guide several high-functioning teams into a more data-driven and measurement-centric ways of working. This position will initially report to the VP Marketing, and upon hire the VP Finance the Sr. Analytics Manger will report to that department. The Analytics Manager will provide the analytical framework and data-informed insights to continuously optimize business decisions. Combining investment, conversion, and retention information with the resources allocated, they will be the single source of truth to allow the VP and the entire organization to take the most appropriate and timely decisions.
The analyst will also coordinate the data across all functions and provide cross-functional intelligence to the organization. This role will be an integral part of the improving Verto’s acquisition efforts and path to profitability.
- Owns Marketing, Enrollment, and Partner Relations reporting; handling regular review of of business performance metrics
- Supports Marketing, Enrollment, and Partner Relations functions with forecasting and strategic resource planning to support monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals
- Set up and configure and oversee standardized dashboards in Salesforce and external platforms that enable real-time granular visibility into performance metrics for stakeholders across the organization
- Deploy advanced analytical solutions to increase the understanding of key business dynamics, and improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop frameworks, and support testing for sales and marketing processes and initiatives
- Champion a data-driven approach for the organization
- Must be able to work remotely full-time, this is a remote position.
- Other Duties, as assigned.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strategic Thinker: You can plot the chess moves a year ahead of time and develop a credible plan to deliver amazing value to our students.
- Influential communicator: You are a thoughtful communicator who can sell ideas, gather resources, and rally stakeholders.
- Strong Executor: You value getting things done and hitting deadlines. You have a track record of delivering under pressure.
- Humble Collaborator: You bring kindness and empathy to your working relationships and put the team’s success before your own.
- Mission-Driven: You deeply believe that education has the power to transform lives and you want to give more young people a chance to thrive.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work remote, and travel as-needed
- Must be based in the US, and work on a time zone 1 hour +/- those in the continental US. (Example: GMT -8 through GMT -3)
- Bachelor’s Degree Economics, Engineering, Marketing or other quantitative field preferred
- 6+ years of experience in analytics management
- Preparing data for analysis through data manipulation, data wrangling or ETL
- Salesforce Admin 201 Certification Preferred or at least 5+ years of working with the Salesforce schema.
- Mastery of and passion for data and analytics combined with broader understanding of business, consumer and financial implications
- Five or more years of experience in designing and delivering Data Warehousing solutions/ Lakehouse initiatives (i.e. Snowflake, redshift, ect.)
- Equally comfortable working with people and data; with a strong business acumen
- Must have a collaborative personable approach, and the ability to work well across departments for the greater good of the mission
- Must have the ability to understand the high level business and anticipate organizational implications
- Ability to let the facts/numbers do the talking
- Strong intellectual horsepower with analytical skills plus creativity to find innovative solutions to obstacles
- A team builder, team player, and leader who creates loyalty and trust
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to articulate concepts in a clear, structured, and succinct manner
- Results-driven with bias for action, commitment to excellence, and a willingness to fail forward
- Proficient in Salesforce, productivity tools, marketing platforms and analytics tools
- Strong computer skills, including Google suite and Microsoft suites, to include Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Proficiency in SQL, Datastudio, Einstein Analytics, Tableau, or other data visualization tools preferred
- Knowledge of marketing analytics and attribution modeling techniques will be considered a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel at least 1-2 weeks per year (more if needed for position specific requirements)
However, even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Compensation & Benefits
- 100% remote first organization
- Base Compensation
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Full medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Fully funded Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parental & Maternity Leave
- Stock Equity for every employee
- 401K Program with Financial coaching sessions with a certified financial planner
Equal Opportunity Employer
Verto Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.