Director, University Partnerships
Director for University Partnerships
Verto is on a mission to provide the best possible start to college. We start by making travel and experiential education an affordable and accessible pathway to a 4-year college degree. Our participants begin college abroad in one of seven Verto locations, before seamlessly transferring to one of over 70 partner universities in the United States. While completing one or more experiences with Verto, participants become more mature, empathetic global citizens who have a greater sense of purpose and direction for their lives.
At Verto, we founded a new model. In partnership with our non-profit arm, The Verto Fund, we’re driving costs down and providing generous discounts, grants, and scholarships, especially to participants of low-income backgrounds. We’re creating a space for participants to thrive in the most diverse coming-of-age semester abroad out there while permitting a chance for discovery into who they are before deciding on a college major. We’re out to build a transformational company that makes higher education more equitable, accessible, and impactful. We are backed by First Round Capital and other top VCs.
At Verto Education we value voices of all backgrounds and experiences. We know that creating a diverse environment takes dedication and intentional hiring practices. We are cognizant of the gap between our current state and our commitments. In order to bridge that gap, we have to humbly evaluate where we are today.
The Director for University Partnerships will serve in a key position responsible for significantly expanding Verto’s partnership consortium by providing prospective college and university partners with extensive, targeted, and highly-personalized outreach at all points of the acquisition lifecycle. The role will ensure each targeted institution is supported from the point of initial contact through contract execution, in addition to the coordination of a successful on-boarding process. The position will be a significant driver to scaling and personalizing outreach efforts, in close coordination with the President & CEO and Senior Vice President for University Partnerships and Strategy, focused on partnering with more top 150 national universities (with a strong focus on flagships and land-grants), top 100 liberals arts colleges, and some select institutions based on strong regionality and other mission aligned partnerships (e.g., HBCUs, HSIs) to expand Verto’s national reach. While the role supports the CEO and SVP across all prospective partnership outreach efforts, this position will also have individual metrics associated with the securing of new partner colleges and universities.
New Partner Acquisition
- Partner closely with the CEO and Senior Vice President to actively support the development and execution of personalized outreach plans that meet the individual enrollment needs of each prospective college and university partner.
- Actively assist in all facets of the partner acquisition process from initial outreach to regular and personalized presentations and engagement, attending conferences and various in-person meetings, in addition to the issuing, troubleshooting, and the successfully executing the contract process.
- Communicate regularly with prospective partners to ensure the delivery of accurate, timely, and personalized information throughout the partner recruitment lifecycle and ensures the entire organization is supporting meaningful activities that maximize the mutual benefit of the partnership acquisition model.
- Understand prospective partner needs and develop proactive plans to address them with a focus on processes and programs that provide value based on their own unique enrollment goals.
- Continuously identify and recommend ways of improving the new partner acquisition process with an explicit goal of making the process seamless and value-added for new colleges and universities that also supports enrollment growth at Verto.
- Maintain all reporting and the associated tracking of all new partner outreach, including ensuring accurate and consistent updating of the acquisition lifecycle milestones and leadership dashboards for all prospective college and university targets.
- Respond to questions and challenges from prospective partners and address issues promptly; improve Verto’s processes where applicable.
- Work closely with Marketing, University and College Relations, Enrollment, Academics, and Digital Product teams to ensure each prospective partner’s questions are addressed and proactively engaged throughout the acquisition process.
- Constantly educate, communicate, and inform prospective partner colleges about Verto’s outcomes, new services, partner college programs, and other initiatives that support the intentional and targeted growth of the partner college and university consortium.
- Understand and share best practices on how prospective partners can best leverage the partnership to increase their student enrollment by understanding the admissions and enrollment process within higher education, and Verto Education.
- Ensure each prospective partner is regularly engaged through personalized outreach, drip campaigns, and other engagement mechanisms to ensure the entire prospective partner pipeline is being actively cultivated at each stage of the acquisition lifecycle.
- Working closely with University and College Relations to ensure a smooth transition and successful onboarding for all new partners.
- Ability to travel at various times during the year to visit prospective partner campuses, attend various conferences, and engage in person. This could consist of 4-8 weeks of travel per year.
- Staff may be asked to participate in 1-2 international trips annually to visit program locations, and for company training.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strategic Thinker: You can plot the chess moves a year ahead of time and develop a credible plan to deliver amazing value to our participants.
- Influential communicator: You are a thoughtful communicator who can sell ideas, gather resources, and rally stakeholders.
- Strong Executor: You value getting things done and hitting deadlines. You have a track record of delivering under pressure.
- Humble Collaborator: You bring kindness and empathy to your working relationships and put the team’s success before your own.
- Mission-Driven: You deeply believe that education has the power to transform lives and you want to give more young people a chance to thrive.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 to 8+ years of relevant experience in customer relationship, higher education sales, and/or customer success and/or acquisition-related roles
- A strong preference for experience in higher education enrollment and admissions, EdTech, and/or technology startups
- Outstanding customer success skills, grounded in a problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to foster positive relationships with potential college and university partners and other collaborators
- Experience collaborating closely with a diverse team of professionals with different strengths and communication styles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to provide verbal and written information, with clear instructions as to the processes
- Persuasive and goal-oriented, possessing an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a proven track record of achieving goals
- Project Management experience
- Strong computer skills, including the Google and Microsoft suite, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
However, even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Compensation & Benefits
- 100% remote first organization
- Base Compensation
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Full medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Fully funded Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parental & Maternity Leave
- Stock Equity for every employee
- 401K Program with Financial coaching sessions with a certified financial planner
Equal Opportunity Employer
Verto Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.