Associate Director of Admissions
Associate Director of Admissions
Verto is on a mission to provide the best possible start to college. We start by making travel and experiential education a core part of every student’s Freshman year. Our students begin college overseas in one of 5 Verto locations, before seamlessly transferring to one of over 70 partner universities in the United States. While completing 1 or 2 semesters with Verto, students not only learn the value of travel, but they also become more mature, empathetic global citizens who have a greater sense of purpose and direction for their lives.
At Verto, we’re creating a different model. We’re driving the costs down and acceptance rates up. We connect students to the world and give them a chance to discover who they are before making them choose a major. We’re out to build a transformational company that makes higher education more accessible and impactful. We are backed by First Round Capital and other top VCs.
At Verto Education we value voices of all backgrounds and experiences. We know that creating a diverse environment takes dedication and intentional hiring practices. We are cognizant of the gap between our current state and our commitments. In order to bridge that gap, we have to humbly evaluate where we are today.
The Admissions department is committed to enrolling and educating a student body that is representative of the larger national population through the design, implementation, and execution of strategic, innovative, data-driven, and research-based practices in support of Verto's mission. The Admissions department serves as champions across the organization to ensure each and every practice creates a significant impact on achieving organizational goals aligned with the Mission and Vision of Verto Education.
The Associate Director of Admissions serves in a management role responsible for overseeing a team of Sr. Admissions Counselors within the Admissions department. The Associate Director of Admissions will be a senior member of Verto’s enrollment leadership team, reporting to the Director of Admissions, and working closely with Verto’s Chief Enrollment Officer. The Associate Director of Admissions works closely with a team of 8-16 Sr. Admissions Counselors, who assist students and their parent/guardian(s) through the admission and enrollment process at Verto Education, and often, our partner colleges. One of the Associate Director of Admissions’s key responsibilities is motivating and encouraging every member of the team, each of whom is introducing families to a new way of navigating what has long been one of the most stressful, expensive, and consequential decisions one can make in life. We encourage applications from candidates who are passionate about enhancing the landscape of higher education and who enjoy working collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who can operate at start-up speed and is not afraid to work hard, and with enthusiasm. This role requires an ability to create and maintain efficient, scalable systems and processes and experience with mentoring and supervising staff.
- Manage, train, and assist in hiring a growing team of Admissions Counselors. You will be in charge of making sure your team delivers on their daily, monthly, and quarterly ambitious enrollment goals.
- Coach your team on consultative, assertive, outcome-oriented language that will help students and parents/guardians make informed decisions.
- Oversee systems and processes that the Admissions team will use to work with prospective students and their families.
- Ensure that the admission team receives high-quality onboarding and training that continually grows staff professionally.
- Motivate your team and be a point of contact for their questions. Your team will often be on the phone for 4+ hours/day and sometimes they will have up to 75 dials without any conversations. It is your job to ensure they do not burn out, and that they stay focused on Verto’s mission.
- Direct your team’s admissions process from point of application through enrollment deposit, which includes delivering on an enrollment model that delivers a 90% start rate for students.
- Identify red flags, recommendations, and most importantly, execute.
- Brand Ambassador. Your team will be representing Verto and dozens of established university brands. Upholding our brands and what they stand for is of the utmost importance. You will be in charge of continual QA to make sure we are properly representing these brands, and that they are spreading accurate, current information.
- You will ultimately be responsible for managing a productive team. This may include stepping in to make phone calls as well.
- Maintain Verto’s Salesforce CRM, database, and dashboards, fulfilling Verto’s value of transparency. Your team should know where they stand at all times, in addition to providing proactive training to ensure staff are productive and efficient using technology
- Growth Advisor. Your team will be hungry to grow within Verto. They speak to Verto’s core values and the heart of the company. Help them grow to be the best possible advisor so they can eventually grow into different positions within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strategic Thinker: You can plot the chess moves a year ahead of time and develop a credible plan to deliver amazing value to our students.
- Influential communicator: You are a thoughtful communicator who can sell ideas, gather resources, and rally stakeholders.
- Strong Executor: You value getting things done and hitting deadlines. You have a track record of delivering under pressure.
- Humble Collaborator: You bring kindness and empathy to your working relationships and put the team’s success before your own.
- Mission-Driven: You deeply believe that education has the power to transform lives and you want to give more young people a chance to thrive.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to work remotely, and travel as-needed. This is a remote position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in Admissions leadership, higher education or sales management in an outbound call center preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential students and their families
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Persuasive and goal-oriented, possessing a positive outlook and friendly demeanor
- Strong computer skills, including Google Workspace and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred
- Ability to receive and utilize feedback from leadership and team members
- Ability to prioritize email / work messages and respond in a prompt manner
However, even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Compensation & Benefits
The below are or full time HQ Employees (benefits for international staff benefits vary by location and meet or exceed local standards
- 100% remote first organization
- Base Compensation
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
Equal Opportunity Employer
Verto Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.